Mental Health First Aid Training - Adults (Closed Training)
The Mental Health First Aid program gives participants the knowledge and skills to help individuals who are developing a mental illness or experiencing a crisis find their path to recovery. Mental Health First Aid is an eight-hour course that teaches about recovery and resiliency and the belief that individuals experiencing these challenging situations can and do get better, and use their strengths to stay well.
The international program, taught locally by certified instructors from Memorial Behavioral Health, is designed for the general public and covers the topics below:
- Signs of addictions and mental illnesses
- Impact of mental and substance use disorders
- 5-step action plan to assess a situation and help
- Local resources and where to turn for help
Register for mental health first aid.
- Time: 8 a.m. - noon
- Location: Sangamon County Department of Public Health