Career Exploration (Job Shadowing)
About | Requirements | Guidelines | Registration
Career Exploration is an experience offered to students who are planning to pursue a career in the healthcare industry. It allows participants to explore the many opportunities available within their field of interest.
During the Career Exploration Day, participants are paired with a healthcare professional to observe the profession, their work environment, and their day-to-day responsibilities.
Career Exploration provides the participants with:
- A realistic experience in the day of their career of choice
- An opportunity to expand their knowledge about their career of interest
- More information about their career choice
- Possible financial assistance information
- Knowledge of education programs available at local colleges and universities
Career Exploration Day Schedule
The schedule for the day typically runs as follows:
- 7:45 - 8 a.m. - Arrive at Memorial Health System and meet with the Workforce Development Specialist to prepare for Career Exploration Experience.
- 8 - 11:45 a.m.. - Participants will break out to their assigned departments.
- 11:45 a.m.- 12 p.m. - Meet with Workforce Development Specialist to wrap up the event and depart.